Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my appeal for incapacity benefit. Ive got one more chance to appeal by requesting a reasons sheet and arguing the points of why there rejected it. I think its shocking that someone who hasnt got IBS and doesnt know what its like to live with gets to judge if your entitled to the benefit. I think while this 2nd appeal is going on I will have to sign onto job seekers. So my question is i'll probably get forced into work when I had to come out of a fitness instructors job I did for 8 years because the IBS is that bad. What job would be good for someone having IBS? Be greatful for some idea's thanks.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I am so sorry you're in this difficult situation. Hope your second appeal will be successful. I remember a few years ago someone was able to get something done by arguing the point with a letter from a doctor that their IBS caused them to have anxiety attacks and depression. Not sure if this could be an idea?Maybe working-from-home jobs could be something to start thinking about? For example, editing papers/books, transcribing (medical transcribing etc.), graphic design, website management, teaching foreign languages or English online, online sales, telemarketing, or jobs that allow employers to work at home most of the week/month but meet once or twice... Hope these can serve as a start...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.