Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is just some knowledge that I have acquired in my search to live a normal life again. And if theres anything I can do to maybe help someone else out, then I want to share what I know.When I was first diagnosed with IBS-A my misinformed doctor said I should try a bulk-forming fiber product such as metamucil...which produced horrible results. I was screwed up for 2 weeks thanks to a few doses of the stuff. I live in Canada but I have found a great product called Citrucel, only downside is that it isn't sold here (there is always online). In almost 3 years now with me having IBS, and it getting progressively worse, this is the only product that has EVER helped. My dad lives in Seattle, I did some research on the product and requested that he bring down the pill form for me. I have both symptoms of IBS (with a higher tendency for constipation) but it felt like my body knew how to utilize this product to help me in both ways. Secondly, Bikram Yoga has changed my life. I started doing it about the same time my symptoms first occured and it was the only thing that kept regularity in my life. If I can't go to the bathroom, I go sweat it out at Yoga and presto, I can go to the bathroom again. It also makes my bloating go away, its a miracle. Im not sure what it is, maybe the intense cardio, vasodilation, humidity or the sweating out of all the toxins in your body. Bottom line, its saved me a lot of suffering. I recently tore my hamstring and had to stop doing it for a month and I REALLY noticed how it affected my IBS. And lastly, Vitamin D supplements. I suggest you do your own research on this topic but Vitamin D is a very potent anti-inflammatory and low levels of this can inflame the small intestine and colon, making symptoms worsen (you should know that this is in close correlation with Inflammatory Bowel Disease). Most of us are even unaware that this is going on - as I was. After starting this method I've noticed my reactions to normal trigger foods have lessened. I hope I can help wherever I can, I'm no expert but I'm learning daily about myself and what IBS comes along with. This website has helped me in many ways already and its all I can do to give back a little
Thank you!

·
Banned
28 Posts
Thanks for your comments, but I will never do Yoga or Meditation that is talking about a lot of this board. Both practices are wide open doors for being controlled by a demonic spirits. I would much rather live with IBS than a demon. Again, the degree of Godlessness on this board is astounding. It really makes me wonder if the main people running this board aren't witches or heavily involved in the occult.

·
Registered
205 Posts
To each their own.... But I really dont think its necessary to call the owners of this board witches or that they belong in a cult. Also, you have stated that you believe your IBS came from a prostitute in earlier threads, so I dont think that you should be casting stones.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Practicing Yoga opens you to being controlled by demonic spirits????Seriously...is that what you are saying?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I have just started taking yoga as part of trying to get my back in shape after about 6 weeks of lifting and bending through a major downsize. Last Sunday I was in one position when I heard/felt one of my back joints pop back into position. The next morning, about 4 AM, I awoke with NO PAIN. Discomfort did return that day; but this has been the first time there wasn't a twinge, despite continuing best efforts of a physio and an earlier adjustment by my chiropractor. Now the instructor does fill our minds with little stories of the Buddah during some of the poses; but I didn't feel any demons entering."We all have waves that crash against the rocks in our lives; but we are not the waves: We are the ocean."Mark

·
Registered
476 Posts
HI Mark,Glad to hear that your back likes Yoga.Mine does too!Enjoying the downsize??I have done Yoga off and on for MANY years and I have never had an instructor yet that told any stories of spirits, demonic or otherwise....lol.Guess I have been lucky??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts