Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello you all.I havent posted in a while. I suffer from leaky gas and i�m considering finding a different kinda job. The ideal would be, maybe, find a way to work from home. But in what other jobs you wouldnt have to spend the day around people in enclosed spaces? Any idea of someting interesting?This change would be,hopefully, temporary. Just while i recover and work better on diet and my flatulence filter. What do you say?Also, i�ll very probably be in New York City from June 19-22. I�m from Brazil. Any gas leaker around? We should get together and have a talk.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Good to hear from you again, BrazilianGuy.An obvious choice would be something like gardening, which I did for 4 years.There seem to be a few of us who work, or have worked, with children. Somehow that seems less stressful than working in an office with adults. I have also done that in my past.At the moment I am a caregiver/nurse in a psychiatric institution. I am not usually in confined spaces at work, and the patients are probably less judgemental than those without a disability. They just appreciate that I give them good care.How I wish I could meet up with you in NYC, but I'm as faraway from there as you are. I was actually over there for a week in June, 2003.Good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Arnie. Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I dont picture myself doing any of these things. I�m a journalist and would like to work from home or something. But it�s not that easy to find such a job. A pitty you can�t meet me in NY. I�m not even 100% i�m gonna go there anyway. How would two gas leakers react in a meeting. Calm and no leaks or nervous and going full force? I never met another person with my problem.Any other toghts of jobs people?

·
Registered
117 Posts
haha, an IBS'er choosing NYC...bad, bad idea, NY is the core "worm", of all stress in America today, and I know...work from home is hard to make happen, even if you can, you still have to face some form of reality, and NYC shoves it in..your best bet is to get scoops on rural events and make a living raising alpacas..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts