Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gettting married in 4 weeks and I am very scared that I will have to leave the alter due to my IBS. I was just in a wedding and did okay except for the rehearsal the night before. I was very sick and had to run to the bathroom several times. Very embarrasing!! I don't want this to happen on my wedding day. Can anyone help with suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hello, I am getting married in 4 weeks too. I have a plan. I am going to eat bland the day before and the day of the wedding (toast, water, etc.). I talked to my doctor and he gave me Xanax for the special day (and for the stressful days leading up to the wedding). I think I will be okay and wish the best for you. I have read posts on this before so I know people will have lots of good ideas. Carly

·
Registered
897 Posts
I'm with Carly on this one. Xanax stopped my anxiety-induced D--it even got me through my mother's death and funeral! I'd suggest trying it out before the big day so you know what dosage stops the D. Take care and have a great wedding!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys. My IBS seems to have a knack for showing up at the wrong time. It is almost overshadowing my wedding. I don't want to have the day ruined from this. I will try eating bland food Friday and Saturday of the wedding. Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
On my wedding day I didn't know I had IBS. Although I had occational mild symptoms for years. Well when the day came I had uncontrollable D. It took 5 imodium to get me through it. I wish I knew then what I know now. With careful planning, a bland diet and Xanax you should be fine. I would also take an imodium or 2 just to be sure.Congrats to you and LuckiStar2 also on your big days.Hope they go smooth and D freeTake Care,Joyce

·
Registered
117 Posts
I congratulate you both on even having the guts to do something that big...I have a gf that would love to get married, but the stress involved is just too much for me to handle (or even think about)..sometimes, *even luv aint enuf*..even thinking it makes me admire you. Congratulations and good luck!!

·
Banned
364 Posts
My son got married last year, and this is how I coped with the IBS and the wedding.Two days prior to the wedding I had very mild, belly kind, meals. Things like baked fish or chicken, mashed potatoes [whatever it is that is belly kind to you]. The day before the wedding I continued in this vein, only making the portions smaller and eating a bit more often during that day. That day I also began with my Lomotil. I take it only as needed, but I figured I may be 'needing' it, so I took a full dose [normal dose for me is one tablet unless that doesn't work, going then to two]. That morning I had a good breakfast of belly kind foods [toast, cereal] and took another a regular dose of lomotil, and right before the service I took an immodium.No problems whatsoever. I was worried that as the girl of my sons dreams was walking down the aisle to become his little pixie of a wife...I would be running back up it. Didn't happen and we had the best time. Now I had constipation two days after the wedding, but to me...it was darn well worth it!Congratulations on your wedding. It will be beautiful, you will be fine. It's your story to write and your memory to make. Remember that, and remember to not think of it as stress, but as excitement. Sometimes a mental boost as small as that can make all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Congratulations Jennifer and Carly!! I got married 3 months ago and I was scared to death that something would go wrong. I can't take Immodium and stuff like that. I tried very hard for a couple of weeks before to eat a very bland diet and nothing new. I had my fiance do things to ease the burden and lessen my stress. I didn't eat at all that day until the reception and we got married at 12:30 so I was very hungry when it came time to eating. I got through everything very well and it was wonderful. After everyone went home, then I had to run to the bathroom!! If you can, try to do something to relax and take whatever you can take for the D. I think if you realize how much fun you will have and not worry about anything going wrong, you'll be fine. I cooked and did my own reception and you'd be amazed at how people will manage for themselves, I didn't even have to clean up. Everyone just let me enjoy my day, and I did. I wish you both the very best!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts