Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no need to use the site any more as I have been free from IBS for almost a year. I was just wondering if I delete my account, will the posts I wrote still exist? I spent a lot of time writing about my success to help people and would like it to remain for people in the future. So will the posts still exist?

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Normally when a membership is asked to be deleted we leave the postings in place in case they help another member. So yes, the posts would still exist.Good to hear that you are IBS free. I have at times over the last 25 years been free for 1 year or so though IBS does flare on its on time table. You might consider hanging on to your membership. It's free and it shows that you have been a member for a longer period of time! :(Jeff

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I do not believe you can delete your account, but we can do that for you.Your name on your posts will have Guest added to them them rather than just your screen name, but the posts still exist. You could just turn off any ability for people to PM or email you if you'd rather just go inactive, or we can suspend your account in a way that I think could make it so no one from this site could contact you, and you would be unable to post or use the services, but would keep your screen name from changing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK I shall set it so people can't PM me. I feel kinda guilty about that cos i would love for people to share my success. but I just don't have the time to contribute any more. actully that feels like bad carma. I'll just leave it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts