Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a crying shame!!!Earlier today I took some time from my busy schedule to post a success story and not only did the MOD's banish it to who knows where, aka, the bottom of the forum page, but they decided to change the Topic Title from the orignial title to some silly generic title "Diet and IBS-D ! ! ! "What a joke!!! I tried to help people find a cure for IBS and these people decided to banish all hope of many people finding a cure to their problems.Oh well, I did wnat I thought was good hearted of me to share not only my success story but to hopefully make others out their hopefull knowing that there is a cure that many doctors and people do not want you to discover only because they will not be seeing any more of your hard earned cash.The MOD's must have good reasons for the actions, whatever they may be I am gone from this board because I do not like people changing my words, comments, and editing my work. I hope you gain something from your actions because it comes at a price to many looking for solutions. I do not appreciate your actions, regardless of your intentions.Please delete my account.

·
Registered
15 Posts
im sure there would have been a good reason for this but from what you've written here it seems like it might have been your own fault?congratulations on your "success story" but i don't see how its "goodhearted" to brag about it on a forum?tbh theres no cure that works for everyone as this isnt a fully understood condition yet so it could be giving people false hope finding other peoples posts saying "wow 100% cured" and disheartening others.also, you can delete your own account.

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Ambrose,We appreciate you taking the time to share your story. I moved the thread to the most appropriate forum and changed the title. Your title I Am 100% Cured of IBS-D ! ! ! was giving the impression that there is a cure for IBS. Considering there is no known cause for IBS, I found it rather misleading to use a title suggesting a cure. What you wrote about was Elaine Gottchall's carbohydrate free diet - which certainly has offered some relief for some digestive health sufferers. Thus, I changed the title of your thread to Diet and IBS-D and moved it to the most appropriate forum. That's generally what we do when topics do not match the forum or when their titles may be misinterpreted. Normally we leave a link behind pointing to where the thread was moved to; however, in this case, the original title made it difficult to do that.I apologize if you have misunderstood my intentions. It was not meant to take anything away from your personal success. If you would like your membership to be deleted please use our contact forum.Again, thank you for your contribution. You may like to do a search on the whole forum as there are already several discussions about Elaine Gottchall's diet.Jeff

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jeffrey,Thanks for the explanation. I've never had anyone edit my post but can understand that in my excitement I may have not chosen the best title for the thread.Also, my intentions were NOT to come on here and brag about my success, regardless of what some people may think. IBS is a very serious matter and if I could help one person to regain a normal life than I am happy because I am just trying to pay it forward after someone poste the title of the book on another message forum and it change my life.Here is the link for those interested in my story... http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=115132

1 - 4 of 4 Posts