Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, for the last two months or so i have had diareah quite often and in the last month everyday, in the last week i have had diareah and constipation on alternate days. im too embarrased to ask my mum about it cos lets face it-its quite embarasing. most days i usually wake with a little tummy ache but i always put it down to being hungry. i can have upto 1-3 D in a morning before i go to work/college. i eat healthily and only drink water, i dont drink alcohol and i dont smoke. im not sure weather i got IBS or a food intolerance. please help me cos i dont know what to do and feel like its running my life. also i have a severe fear of vomitting so dont want it too lead to that. please help me. many thanks. ps sorry about the spelling mistakes! x

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi gooselemon,I feel your pain......I am 18 years old and I have IBS too. These last three months have been unbearable. My doctor just keeps telling me to take Zelnorm which is making my condtion worse! I really think you should tell your mom and see a doctor. And also about the fear of vomiting.....its plagued my life for 13 years....so your not alone! Good Luck and feel better....we're all here for you!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Hi gooselemon,Don't be embarrassed to tell you mom if you're having problems; she loves you and would want to know if you're not feeling well, so she can get you an appt. with the dr.I'm not sure if you have IBS, but if this continues, you should probably get it checked out. I hope you start feeling better soon.Hugs.Jeanne

·
Registered
196 Posts
gooselemon, If I were you I'd give Procter and Gamble's Align a chance to see if it helps. You can order it on line. I've had, notice I said had, IBS for over 30 years, starting at about your age. After seeing the posts here on IBS Self Help Group about the study that showed Align worked to relieve IBS and I gave it a try and it worked. The thing about Align is you have to take it for at least two months to get the full benefit. I understand the same organims that are in Align can also be found in Activa yogart. You may want to give this a try and see if it helps, remembering it's not like a pill that acts right away. Whatever you do continue to look for the answer that helps you. Its out there, believe me.Regards,Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.