Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS since I was 13 years old. It's a part of my life now. For years I was embarrased because of the "D" and "C", and I didn't talk to anybody about it, except my mum. No I'm 28, and I have a new attitude to my IBS. I tell my friends, and they have benn pretty okay about it. That's been great. I try to eat healthy, but some days you just can't help yourself, and you've got to eat that bit of chocolate. (I'm a self confessed choc-aholic). I usually cop the cramps and wind once a week. I find that when things get tough, I just have a few small pieces of licorice, and I'm fine. Too much licorice and then guess what? Any way, I just thought that maybe this might, (might) help some of you out there. I feel that IBS can be managed, but it does get you down.I got onto this website because it's great that people can help each other with advice, support, etc. We don't seem to have anything like this in Australia. This is a good website. Keep it up everyone.CiaoKerry

·
Registered
464 Posts
Kerry: Welcome to the board. Isn't it nice to know that you are not the only one in the world with IBS? You will find a group of caring and loving people, with help, and support. Maro
------------------"FRIENDS ARE ANGELS WHO LIFT US TO OUR FEET WHEN OUR WINGS HAVE TROUBLE REMEMBERING HOW TO FLY"

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Welcome Kerry,Great board, great people, great advise,I am sure you will like it here.
joyce------------------Prayer doesn't change God , it changes the one who prays..

G

·
Hi Kerry, I'm also a newbie here. I started with IBD around 13 also, but wasn't diagnosed with it until a few years later. I had surgery about a year ago to remove some of my intestine, and have been feeling much better since. I still have problems with D, but so it goes. I personally try to keep my problems to myself, mainly because it's not an easy topic to talk about. I'm sure most 'normal' people would be somewhat grossed out about it too. This seems like a good site to disccuss problems/advice with others, as it looks like there is a lot of helpful and friendly members here.Well, c-ya around!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts