Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been suffering from really BAD bouts of nausea at times, but the nausea is like a weird kind...NOt the kind like from a stomach bug or from eating bad food...It seems to stem from my diaphragm or just below my ribs and goes up into my throat, and it's just such a strange weird feeling...It's not really pain, it almost feels like there's a hole there or something...Anyway, I am very SCARED of what it could be..I am going to the gastro dr. on August 4th, and she already told me I'm probably gonna need an Upper GI series (which of course scares me), and when I told her my symptoms of nausea (I never actually do vomit), she mentioned the word blockage (and also about 10 other things it could be), but of course I went with the worst diagnosis (it's my personality to be pessimissitic and think the worst)..but anyway, I am scared...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also have myself diagnosed with other things like gastroparesis (only because I've been doing research on the web)!!!!But I am trying to come up with a significant reason for my nausea, but I just can't seem to!! I am also a VERY tense and ANXIOUS person!!! (It's me Alicia again)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey Alicia, sorry to hear you're still feeling poorly - hopefully the doctor will have something good to say to put your mind at ease. Whatever you do, do not expect the worst!! WHen I went through my period of nausea, I also had the feeling of thickness in my throat, so that sometimes it even felt hard to breathe. It turned out to be a problem with the esophagus letting acid back up, and my throat was a bit swollen. I'll be thinking of you, and let us know how it turns out, Ok?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I know you probably have been told this repeatedly, but worrying only makes EVERYTHING worse. I worried myself to death before my endoscope and my colonoscopy. I also had some nausea, only mine came during my period. Keep in mind that I had NEVER had nausea with my period until I was having a very bad IBS attack. Everything in the GI tract is related, even our hormones affect things. I had an upper GI when I was younger, so I don't really remember it except for the chalky stuff. I don't think it was that bad though. Just goes to show...they didn't find anything wrong with my stomach, just said it was nerves, but I know now it was probably the start of my lifetime of IBS. I think I would rather have the endoscope rather than the Upper GI though, but I'm no doctor. I just looks like they could see things with the scope much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.