Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I did get overwhelmed before they started. He explained what was going to happen and brought out that HUGE bad of barium. I started crying, like I knew I would. But they were all very nice about it, and helped calm me.I had some cramping, especially in the beginning and when they had me lay on my stomach. But most of it was really painless. The good news is that during the test the doctor said that he wasn't seeing anything abnormal at all. That was soooooo good to hear. Of course I don't have the full results yet. But it was well worth having it done. I'm sorry I waited so long to do it. The peace of mind is really worth it all.Now I can also say that the prep was much worse then the test!! Really the worrying was the worst. It's not something I'll ever look forward to doing again, but I'm so glad it's over with! I think I'm off to take a nap now!
Jennifer

·
Registered
146 Posts
This is so awesome that it wasn't painful for you. I didn't want to say anything when you were asking questions, but for me, it hurt soooooooooo bad. I cried and was shaking the whole time it was being done because the air they used to expand my intestines hurt so bad. I'm glad it was better for you. Good thing it's "behind" you now.Good luck!

·
Registered
146 Posts
This is so awesome that it wasn't painful for you. I didn't want to say anything when you were asking questions, but for me, it hurt soooooooooo bad. I cried and was shaking the whole time it was being done because the air they used to expand my intestines hurt so bad. I'm glad it was better for you. Good thing it's "behind" you now.Good luck!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Glad it went so well Home. And great to hear everything looked good so far.Have a great weekend.
BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Glad it went so well Home. And great to hear everything looked good so far.Have a great weekend.
BQ

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kristen, they didn't use the air on me, so maybe that's why I handled it a little better. I can only imagine that the air would make it MUCH worse! They filled me up quite well with the barium though. They told me before hand that they REALLY fill up good so they can see. I was able to watch my colon on the screen. That was pretty interesting, and helped keep my mind off of "things".
I'm still really tired, feel like I've been put through the ringer! I think that's probably because of the prep and all the emotional upset I put myself through.But thanks again for all the advice, help, and support! I seriously could not have done it without everyone. Off to drink some more water now!
Jennifer

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kristen, they didn't use the air on me, so maybe that's why I handled it a little better. I can only imagine that the air would make it MUCH worse! They filled me up quite well with the barium though. They told me before hand that they REALLY fill up good so they can see. I was able to watch my colon on the screen. That was pretty interesting, and helped keep my mind off of "things".
I'm still really tired, feel like I've been put through the ringer! I think that's probably because of the prep and all the emotional upset I put myself through.But thanks again for all the advice, help, and support! I seriously could not have done it without everyone. Off to drink some more water now!
Jennifer

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I've been thinking about you all day. (and Fay, who had her surgery today) I was just about to search through all today's posts and see how you did.I'm glad it all worked for you. A nice hot bath will feel good too.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I've been thinking about you all day. (and Fay, who had her surgery today) I was just about to search through all today's posts and see how you did.I'm glad it all worked for you. A nice hot bath will feel good too.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ahh you read my mind Aurora! I just got out of a nice hot bath. Your right! It felt soooo good! My whole body felt kinda sore. But the bath took care of that!Thanks so much for thinking of me! I hope Fay is doing okay tonight too!Jennifer

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.