Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just so everyone knows............Like you haven't figured it out right?I'm Crankey.Not seriously depressed but really reallycrankey.My husbands bum is still runny bloody.He's had 2 colonoscopies.The first was the end of September.The second was Tuesday.The first time there was a pre cancer polyp.The second time there was another polyp.The pathology report is not yet in.The first time the gastroenterologist could not tell where that much frank red blood was coming from.There are internal hemmoroids but after some thought the doctor decided that they did not seem to be the problem.We got a second opinion because he kept bleedingafter the colonoscopy and the doctor just wanted to do suppositories.The suppositories stopped working.The second gastroenterologist can not find the source of the bleeding either.He found the polyp but no source.He does not think it's the hemorroids.We are calling the colon surgeon tomorrow.We went to the medical center and they checked his vitals.He was okay earlier but his pulse is now at 59.A little low.So we wait.Crankey Kamiesorry if I'm snippy.P.S. at least this time is not as bad and gushy as the first time.At least it's not every 2 hours of 1/4 of a cup of blood.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
You are not alone..I was like that monday and tuesday and couldn't put my finger on what was going on with me...It is starting to get cold and dark so early in the evening now and I just cant use to it...That is alot for you to be going through now with you husband..Expecially the waiting...I hope everything turns out ok ...

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hi Kamie,You are dealing with a lot. I don't blame you if you're cranky. I agree with Nancy.One thing, although I am sure they have probably checked this:A news reporter on the news broadcast here had been feeling weak and turned white right before a broadcst. He asked the woman to cover for him and went into the bathroom. When he didn't return, someone went in to look for him and he was laying in a puddle of blood. Initially they thought he had been shot, but it turned out that the blood was from his colon. He had Diviticulitis and one of the sacks raptured. He lost quite a bit of blood!Could this be a possibility for our Hubbie? I know he has had numerous tests done, but we all know that things can easily be overlooked the first time. Just a suggestion. Good Luck. Hang in there. Praying for the two of you. :love: Kari

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Im in a really bad mood as wsell just so you know! Agh!Im so ****ing pissed off that i have got pissy and rude at all of my friends. I wish i could just crawl up in a ball. Grrr

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh well heck, I guess in my case we would have to blame it on the man since it is his bloody bum that is upsetting me so............Well, it's been rough, but hooray, my bowel is hanging in there and I even managed to eat a really good dinner and produce a really normal BM big full and well formed with no death cramps on it's exit out the tunnell.And NO GAS! Thank goodness for small favors.Un fortunately, I can't say the same for poor Mr.Kamie as he had a little helpful procedure visiting the Colon surgeon.While there is still speculation on the wholebleeding episode, we are doing the next round of elimination diagnosis.What else is there to do when the bleeder remains hidden.Evidently what ever is bleeding only likes to wake up and do it's business when no one is looking.So we are using the ever famous castrate the bull technique where they pop rubber bands on the suspected offending hemrroids even though they appear to be sleeping and see what happens.So far so good. But yeeee ouchi!!!!!!Seems like a lot of Colon guys are not much into pain meds and they like the element of surprise.So, this is what I want to begin with he says.It sounded reasonable enough so we say, yeh, that sound pretty good. Better to try that than go through the grief of a more drastic process.So the doctor says good let's do it and low and behold out come the tools.All I can say is that it is a good thing,that Mr. Kamie knows how to meditate and took discipline training in martial arts where one is taught to move past the pain.Poor Mr. Kamie.He was so upset I cried.He gets upset or hurt, I cry, it's a very symbionic relationship.I eventually caved and took a xanax because it brought back all the anxiety from the trauma of my emergency colon surgery 7 months ago.I was all weepy through dinner and finally I said to heck with this mess.I figure it might take some time to finally get over my post traumatic stress from the surgery event.So we now wait and see what happens.If the Colon Doctor was on target, we should see some good progess.So far so good.Todays bleeding has stopped.Mr. Kamie is passing a whole lot more stool that he thought he had. So that's good too.But his poor little cute bum.Ouchie.So I had an interesting revelation about Xanax.I do get anxiety.and when I get it I get it bad and xanax is one of the few medications that addresses the domino effect and nips it in the bud.I've been wondering about my heart medicine which is a beta blocker.It's supposed to also be used to control anxiety attacks.Several years ago I was put on a beta blocker and it didn't work at all for me.Since I have been on another better type of beta blocker a few weeks now, and I haven't needed the Xanax, I have wondered if maybe in the process of taking care of my heart that maybe the beta blocker was also keeping my anxiety in check.Well, I figured out today that the beta blocker does not touch my anxiety and that indeed it requires a xanax to interrupt the cycle that will run a course of days and wreck havoc on my other body systems.For me the beta blocker seems to work on my heart and that seems to be about it for me.But, maybe it's different for other people.So, med taken, disaster averted and once again we are back on track with personal healing.What along strange trip it's been.Kari, yes, they checked for the Diverticulitus.That's what his dad had. It's not the issue so that's what makes this hard to diagnose.The inside intestine is very vascular. Like Varicose Veins and there are internal hemorroids. That's usually the kind of stuff that makes bright red blood but they can usually identify which ones are the troublemakers and cauterize the bad ones.But his don't show to be bloody when they go look.It's like they shrivel up and hide.Then a couple of hours later the blood pools and out it gushes.Even when we try to explain it the doctors never seem to really comprehend what we are trying to describe.One interesting thing we found out today was that the first doctor probably did not go up high enough in the 1st colonoscopy.The 1st polyp was found in the sigmoid colon and the one found in the second colonoscopy was found in the transverse colon.So things are better and I'm hoping that might be the new trend.I have thelong awaited consult with the Reproductive endocrinologist on monday.The Maxillofacial surgeon is going to see me a week earlier because my jaw is still popping out of place from that body spasm that left my whole left side way messed up including me not being able to use my left arm very well for a few days.I keep biting my tongue when I try to eat and my ear hurts. whine, whine, whine.So hopefully I'll have a few more good answers next week.Well here's hoping for a better tomorrow ladies.Looks like we all are trying to ride out the storms.Hugs and Hope,Kamie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts