Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was born with IBS and will soon be 45. Throughout my life I've learned to live with being constipated for weeks or months on end. I've learned to accept the fact that when D hits, it's going to be on the way to an important meeting. I've stopped going to the ER when spasms knock me to my knees. I don't take meds, and I eat as I want, because nothing makes any difference for me. Three summers ago, I was hit with a bad wave of D with cramps. Sorry to be graphic, but it was very dark and yellow (kind of bi-color, two-tone motif), horrible cramps, and some nausea. That was the last time I went to the ER. They just looked at me like I was nuts. Last summer I started a round of D that lasted three, almost four, months. I lost a lot of weight and generally felt horrible. Woke up one day and it was gone. This year's episode is lining up to be pretty bad. It's black and yellow again, I'm in agony, I've already lost three pounds. I was trapped in the bathroom last night for an hour. One minute I was fine, just working on a manuscript, and the next thing I knew, BAM!!! I'm getting a little worried about this. It came back today right after breakfast. It's never been this bad, and seems to be progressing with each summer season. Does anyone know what's going on? Should I be concerned, or have I just reached the next level?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hey MrsP. Sounds like my episodes. I can be fine, then bamn out of no where, here it comes. Sometimes it lasts for an hour sometimes more. Horible. Not sure about the color????????When was your last colonoscopy?Hope you feel betterTake careKat

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm only 23 but I have this same exact problem. I actually have IBS-A which is a combination of the two. I have taken Levbid for sometime now and it works. I take it in the morning when I get up and very seldom do I have the D problem. Maybe you should try taking that!! Lins

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My gastroenterologist has never been able to complete a colonoscopy on me. I have severe adhesion growth in my abdomen which prohibits the passage of the instrument. LindseyLou: I quit taking any drugs for this about 10 years ago, so I've never heard of that one. I'll look it up. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Mrs P I am the same and like you have had this my whole life. I didn't really get much D until I was a teenager, but mostly I find my D attacks come in waves lasting 3-5 months, usually around the 4 month mark though. During that time I have constant D that burns like acid and I lose a heap of weight (around 20kgs last time). Then I swing back to C for months and put all the weight on then I start to slide into the D cycle again. The last one went for a year and that's when I finally tried the hypno. So far so good. So no you are not alone. Is there any other way they can get a look at your colon maybe with a barium meal or something seeing as they can't do the colonoscopy?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.