Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have suffered with IBS"D" for 10 years. Now I have a new problem....acid reflux! I get severe pain in my chest at times, Doc seems to think it's esophagus spasms,he is doing the upper scope and small bowel follow up. Let me know if anyone has had this scope and what to expect. I am nervous as heck....now I'm losing weight, not that i can't lose a few pounds, but i worry why...not healthy to worry so much i know, sometimes you can't help but wonder whats wrong.

·
Registered
175 Posts
hello loraine,i had that done about 3 years ago. the doctor found that my esophagus was enflamed. but that wasn't a big problem and had nothing to do with IBS. after the injection you go to sleep fairly fast. you wake up with a lot of saliva inside and out of your mouth. i remember that i wasn't bloated before i had this procedure, but after i woke up i was very bloated. i don't know if it's just me or maybe others had that effect too, which could have been caused by the drugs. dmitry

·
Registered
175 Posts
hello loraine,i had that done about 3 years ago. the doctor found that my esophagus was enflamed. but that wasn't a big problem and had nothing to do with IBS. after the injection you go to sleep fairly fast. you wake up with a lot of saliva inside and out of your mouth. i remember that i wasn't bloated before i had this procedure, but after i woke up i was very bloated. i don't know if it's just me or maybe others had that effect too, which could have been caused by the drugs. dmitry

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Hi, my upper endoscopy last Jan. was a breeze (except for doing the IV, which is always a pain for me). I had no problems afterwards whatsoever. Good luck to you!P.S. I may have to have more scopework done again in a while.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Hi, my upper endoscopy last Jan. was a breeze (except for doing the IV, which is always a pain for me). I had no problems afterwards whatsoever. Good luck to you!P.S. I may have to have more scopework done again in a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts