Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm eight-teen year's old, ive been in and out of hospitals since i was six-teen. The doctor's never figured it out that I have IBS, my family and I serched up the symtoms and IBS hit it dead center. I'm in so much pain once again, that it's to the point were i'm going to be sick. I cant move at all really, I feel like everything is all tight and feel's flat out wrong. I have pain killer's like no tomorrow, accept the fact that i'm sick of useing them. Everytime I eat something, I get sick. It's to the point were i'm going to stop eatting all together. I dont know what to do anymore about it, i'm so tired of being in pain all the time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Have you gotten all the tests done? -- upper GI series, endoscopy, colonoscopy, ultrasounds, etc?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
A lot of time the problem is the gastrocolic reflex, not which food you ate.Every single meal will always in every case in every person every day of their life make the colon/intestines more active.You need to make room for the new food.Usually the only thing to do is change how you eat, or pre-medicate before meals.So small frequent lower fat meals mean less activity/pain than large, heavy, fatty meals eaten after you've skipped a meal or two. Waiting as long as possible to eat will make it much worse when you finally do eat.Try an antispasmodic (prescription or peppermint you can get OTC as a tea, candy or capsules) 30 minutes before a meal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts