Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,Well first here is a little about me. I have an anxiety disorder which I have had for over 12 years now. About..3 yrs ago I believe I started dev. symptoms of IBS. Going between constipation and dir., bloating, cramping..ugh.Ok..now for my question: I just started on the birth control pill again (was on it 2 yrs ago but stopped), I just started this is day 6 for me. I'm not sure if my stomach is ugh from the pills or from IBS??!! could it be from both?? I have been experiencing gassy tummy, cramps, I did feel abit nausea the first 3 days, and yes sore breasts. Last night, about an hour after I ate dinner I know for sure my IBS was acting up for i had that feeling of 'needing to go' but couldn't. I also have had some bloating and as well some cramping on the left side, of course not to mention on the rigth as well. I'm sorry if i am babbling here..I just get more anxious not knowing..and not knowing what to try/do. Any insight???Thank you to anyone who replies.Jen

·
Registered
582 Posts
hi there. i too have IBS-mainly spasms....I was on the pill and found I had more spasms when on than off. Not everyone can be on it due to the hormones affecting your digestive system. I know it's sometimes difficult distinguishing what's causing your pains-the pills, stress, food, ibs???? process of elimination i guess. if you don't need to be on the pill, take a break and see what happens. hope you're feeling better. have you ever been checked by a GI to officially dx you with IBS?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts