Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm 18 years old and have not been officially diagnosed with IBS, but I have some symptoms that have seriously halted my life progression for about 6 or 7 months now. I'm not sure whether or not my symptoms count as constipation, and if they do, it's probably not severe because I generally have the urge to use the bathroom once a day. My problem comes with incomplete evacuation due to the fact that I cannot relax the anal sphincter during a bowel movement. I know that this is gross and weird, but I've been in the behavior of tensing this muscle for so long, that I cannot truly remember what a normal BM feels like. Well, almost. I had a complete evacuation this week because I could (for some odd reason) relax that muscle. My question is, has anyone ever had this problem? Or does anyone have any advice on how I could start retraining this muscle to stay relaxed during a bowel movement? Any excersizes or something?Thanks so much, it's nice to know other people are dealing with constipation. I felt so alone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.