Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I want to tell you all a little bit about me. I am 22 years old. I am married going on 6 years. My husband and I have been together for going on 8 years. We have two beautiful girls. Jenny-6 and Ashley-11 months. I have had symptoms of IBS for going on 5 years. It went undiagnosed for 4 years. Finally my regular dr. listened to my symptoms and told me I had IBS. It has never been officially diagnosed. Immediatly she advised me to take fibercon. I tried this and it failed to work.My symptoms consist of diarreah, constipation, cramps, bloating, nausea, vomiting(only once while I was pregnant), and blood and mucos in my stools. I have only had the show of blood probably 3 times. I had a very difficult birth with my second daughter. I developed severe preeclampsia which resulted in uncontrolable high blood preassure and my kidneys shut down the day after she was born. She was born at 35 weeks and weighed 5 pounds 5 ounces. I remained on bedrest for three days.I was very sick with IBS previous to this. I had spells where the pain was so severe I would pass out. I wound up in the hospital twice and still went undiagnosed. I suffer from severe urgency. When I have to go I have to GO! I can feel when I have to go. It will start with a pain in my upper abdomen, like a cramp and slowly move down. Apx. two hours after the pain starts in my upper abdomen I will have a bowel movement. I know when I am constipated when after that two hours I still have not gone.I have become very aware of my body and the routine it goes through when preparing to have a bowel movement. My problem is I haven't found anything that can help relieve the symptoms. Any advice on diet, exercise, ect. would be greatly appreciated. joshuaw121###hotmail.com :love:

·
Registered
116 Posts
firstly, i must say that some people may disagree with me but i have to say what i, uh, have to say. please make sure that you are properly diagnosed. i've been posting to this site for a little while, trying to figure out whether or not my doctor was doing what she should to find out what was wrong with me. from people's replies and other posts, i finally gathered that i wasn't being taken care of. so, i trecked to another doctor. as of yesterday, i found out that i am gluten intolerant. the symptoms of ibs that i've been experiencing since i was little may in fact be symptoms of celiac disease (gluten intolerance). i will soon find out as i must remove gluten from my diet.what i'm saying is, unless they have ruled out all other things, you shouldn't assume that it is ibs that you have. there are so many disorders with similar symptoms like celiac, crohn's, and ulcerative colitis that a "guess" just doesn't suffice. we're talking about your health, happiness, and quality of life (not to mention longevity). don't let a doctor misdiagnose you because they haven't conducted any tests to diagnose you.that being said, have you thought at all about food intolerances. there are simple (at least in theory) ways to find out if the foods you are eating are causing your problems. you can do an elimination diet, where you eat a non-reactive diet and add foods in slowly and record any symptoms that come up. if you are interested and need me to, i would be happy to outline the principles for you. you can email me beelzebubble1###hotmail.com.i really hope you feel better soon daisymay. i think we all know how it feels to feel crappy all the time. take carecarrie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.