Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new here and i was diagnosed with IBS and recently i had a colonoscopy to rule out chrones disease and stuff like that and i didnt have ..i have a bad case of IBS..when i get sick its like every 3 days and i get deathly ill i really feel like passing out sometimes i have to put a pillow between my legs and lay my head on it because my breathing gets really shallow from the cramps..my doc recently put me on zelnorm and today i felt really sick..i woke up this morning and took my pill and my juice with my fiber and forgot to eat cause i know your supposed to take it 30 min b4 u eat.. ive also been taking lactaid because i heard lactose and tolerence is also a relation to IBS...ve been on zelnorm for about 3 weeks and this is my first attack of IBS that ive had i was wondering if this has happend to anyone else...and if anyone know anything about the diet or anything like that...im really new at all this stuff..most of my life i jsut delt with the cramps and sucked it up but since ive been on this pill i really want to turn my life around and learn to live with this without the pain..

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hi Karybear (cute name),Have you done much reading here? There are a lot of good suggestions for living with IBS. I'd rather NOT live with it, rather eliminate it, but we'll see.....I don't know anything about Zelnorm, but if you do a search on this site, you'll find a lot of posts. Some people have improved with it, some not. See how you fit it.Good luck! Ask a lot of questions, there are a lot of answers!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ohh im sorry i didnt know next time i'll check..well id rather not live with it either but i mean there isnt necissarly a "cure for it" rather just a way to supress it my doc said ..lol i dont know.. thankyou for the link to that forum i'll check it out oh and thankyou for the compliment on my name ~laughs~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.