Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I have had IBS on and off over the years. I hadn't had any flare-ups for a long time up until 6 weeks ago. I ate too much sugar-free gum fully knowing its laxative effects and next day my IBS started. I had gas, pain and indigestion. This was caused by sorbitol as I soon found out. My stomach settled after a week but it hasnt been 100% since then. I am starting my period within a few days and it seems to cause my IBS to worsen. I dont have bloating or gas or pain ..just this annoying urge to pass a bowel movement as if my lower colon was spasming like when the Dr does a sigmoidoscopy..that same sensation. I had 3 movements today ..all were on the soft side but normal. My bowels are always on the soft side. I have been taking Ibpurofen for my back pain and I think it affected it too. My question is : does anyone have that same annoying sensation of needing to poo??

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
That is a common complaint among IBSers.Rectal hypersensitivity is a common physical finding (used more for research as it doesn't really help much with diagnosis) and so you can get "gotta go" signals under conditions when the rectum should not be sending any signals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.