Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I've been looking for a website like this for sometime and I'm happy I found it!Let me get to the point....I'm a 24 year old male. I've always been very frequent in the bathroom deptartment my whole life, but now, it's different. I cannot remember the last time I had a "normal" BM. Whenever I eat, I find myself rushing to the bathroom right away, typically with D. I rarely get C. I have the abdominal cramps, the stomach noise, but not a lot of gas. The Dr just keeps telling me I must have eaten something that "doesn't agree with me". Now, it's almost like routine. Eat, bathroom. It's starting to interfere with my life. When I have to "go" I can usually contain it, but it's pretty darn close!I've been on Celexa(Anit-depressant) for the past 18 months to help with a sleeping problem. I have no anxiety (good job, family, etc) but this is starting to worry me. Does this sound like IBS?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh Dear Whitby, of course that is what it sounds like...but the first thing you need to do is see a gastroenterologist and go thru all the testing to rule-out any other GI problem you it might be that can be more directly and positively treated. Of note in your case is that you are already on an antidepressant (for something else) and you still have these symptoms.Some antidepressants actually help IBS. Maybe once you are diagnosed (and IBS is the diagnosis) you can switch to another antidepressant to see if as a side-effect it helps the IB. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi Whitby, Welcome to the board(s)You should find lots of help on here!IBS sufferers have varied symptoms and coping tools. Have a look through the IBS and D boards especially.Have you tried writing down everything you are eating and seeing if there is a pattern? You may have a trigger food (in my experience this is bound to be something you like!!). This is a good place to start but I am sure others may have different suggestions too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I might start to write down my eating habbits. I'm seeing my family Dr. tomorrow so I'll get more information and maybe referred to someone who can help me better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts