Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI my name is adam and im 27 and i have severe cause on ibs-d, somedays im on the toilet every 30 mins to hour,when i eat it seems to run right threw me. Im in so much pain i can barely type this out, pain on my right side in ribs and sterum, also very bad pain in back, my apendix got taken out , chronic inflamtion, galbladder was taken out chronic inflamion. I cant eat anything i want, even if i eat healthy im still in pain, good pain killers dont even work, morphine at er works for a hour. I need some advice quickly, the doctors are here are horrible and have a apt at mayo clinic so they can figure out. Any advice stuff i could eat during the day, i have been taking GasX extra strength seems to help sometimes, the top of my right ribs is were the pain is and its numb for the last two years. please get back to me. I just started pro- biontics, Does this sound like IBS , someone said stones, Its the most pain ever, and i wish it would end cause i have 4 kids to take care of?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I hear you and I know the kind of pain you are talking about! Did the doctor say "ibs"? If so, a heating pad or hot water bottle helps me sometimes. Do not use heat though until you are sure there is no infection in your belly that will be adversely affected by heat!I have yet to figure out (after 2 years) what foods trigger the pain...or should I say make the pain worse...as I have pain all day everyday. I do find that if I eat about every two hours it seems to help. Try the BRAT diet...bananas, rice, applesauce, toast. I live only 40 miles North of Mayo and have gone to one of their sattelite clinics here in my town, and they are unable to do anything for me. IBS is a mystery to them as far as treatment. I do go for abdominal massage and that also helps. If you want to check out the massage go to http://www.arvigomassage.comGood luck to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.