Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new here, I was diagnosed 3 years ago, and was symptom free during a recent pregnancy, now my baby is 8 months old, and it is back with a vengence. I hope I am able to learn alot from all of you.Corrinne.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome! I am new also and have found a wealth of info on this site. Are you D or C, or a combination? Good luck on your search for answers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there Corrinne, and welcome to the board!
I was also symptom free throughout my pregnancy (my "baby" is 10 now!
) ... I believe this is quite common.If you tell us a little more about your symptoms, I'm sure some of us will be able to offer you some advice and suggestions.
Julie

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Did you take added calcium while you were pregnant. Taking calcium can help bind things up and thus help relieve the diarrhea if this was your problem.Linda

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome. I have just recently resigned myself to the fact that IBS is what I suffer from, that of course after many trips to the Doctor, many tests and fearing the worst. It started after the birth of my second child, she is 4 now. Usually my symptoms include nausea, bouts of diarrhea usually occuring during the night, lately more often during the day. Occaisionally I don't go for days, but it isn't what I would call constipation either, just a reprieve. The nausea and abdominal cramps are the worst for me. Any insight into diet changes etc would be great as I don't know a lot at the moment. Again thanks to all who replied.Corrinne.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.