Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new here, I was diagnosed 3 years ago, and was symptom free during a recent pregnancy, now my baby is 8 months old, and it is back with a vengence. I hope I am able to learn alot from all of you.Corrinne.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome! I am new also and have found a wealth of info on this site. Are you D or C, or a combination? Good luck on your search for answers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there Corrinne, and welcome to the board!
I was also symptom free throughout my pregnancy (my "baby" is 10 now!
) ... I believe this is quite common.If you tell us a little more about your symptoms, I'm sure some of us will be able to offer you some advice and suggestions.
Julie

·
Registered
732 Posts
Corrinne,I hate to tell ya'll but neither pregnancy for my boys gave me any relief!! Of course being the father may have had something to do with it!!Welcome to the BB Corrinne!!

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Did you take added calcium while you were pregnant. Taking calcium can help bind things up and thus help relieve the diarrhea if this was your problem.Linda

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome. I have just recently resigned myself to the fact that IBS is what I suffer from, that of course after many trips to the Doctor, many tests and fearing the worst. It started after the birth of my second child, she is 4 now. Usually my symptoms include nausea, bouts of diarrhea usually occuring during the night, lately more often during the day. Occaisionally I don't go for days, but it isn't what I would call constipation either, just a reprieve. The nausea and abdominal cramps are the worst for me. Any insight into diet changes etc would be great as I don't know a lot at the moment. Again thanks to all who replied.Corrinne.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts