Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, im new to both things, i have only recently been told i have IBs and i know nothing abou it and i only joind the web site 2day (5th april 2004)! so please talk to me! thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, i had other problems which made me highly stressed and i hardly ate (i lost 8lbs in a week,yay!) an when that cleared up i was still having problems so my doctor said i had IBS.i have consitpation mainly and im very often bloted and often my pain is releaved by wind! i can have crippling pain and my stomach feels really weiod at times, like its doing flips! sometimes it feels like its pushing out, it scared me to death cos i thought i was pregnat an im only 17 so thats not a good thing! ive had it about 3 or 4 months now and i do know im stressed, thats A'levels for you! i try to just let to happen and my saying is '**** happens' but it does get me down! i dont know anything about and every web site i go to tells the same thign an not much of it!if anyone want to talk to me (about nething) that would be grate!thanx CazP.S im also on colofac tablets!

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi caz, i cant say i know how you feel because i have the opposite problem. i go too much. im sure there is someone who could give you some advice how to help with the constipation. A-levels my daughter is doing hers aswell. health and social care. shes 17 years old aswell. i can only imagine what the stress is like but im sure you will do very well. as for movement in your tummy i do get that and i can definatly see the similarity to pregnancy.is it an arm? a leg? no i need a poo!!! im sure if you add to some of the posts you will get someone with the same symptoms as you who could give you ideas on what is and isnt helpful for your ibs.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hello there Cazg - welcome to the board , glad you found us but sorry you have IBS. Also its nice to see someone from England here ( im from Kent ) I have constipation and bloatedness myself and know how horrible it can be. I have tried the colofac but it made me feel even worse with more trapped wind. I then got spasmonal which is really good , that will prolly be the next your doctor will try and it really helps with the discomfort and pains. I also found that Pepsid two helps a lot with the bloatedness. If you fancy a chat or ever need someone to talk to my email is Shadz###dsl.pipex.com

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hiya, thanx for being so welcoming! sometimes but i am mainly jus constipated, if im constipated for more than a about 4 days i then get Diarrhea, oh the life! its one extream tot he other!i have been suffering alot today so i think another trip to the doc is in order!Shadowz yeah im from England adn jus to be creeopy i am from Kent aswell!beverley57 i do health an social care aswell, its kinda a fun subject, i wana teach so thats y i do it! i am also dyslexic so the stress jus builds up!its really nice to talk to people so thanks but i must go as i ahve psychology homework to do an its 9.50pm an i have only jus got in from work!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Think you are the first from Kent I have seen on here Cazg , there is a few from London thou. Im from Sittingbourne ( near Chatham ) For the constipation use Milk of Magnesium , I find it works very well and dont give me the discomfort that things like senakot does. So you both study and work ? that really must build up stress for you as well ? Hope you got the homework done last night. and hope you are having a good day.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well im near dover so thats even closer!thanx ill have to try that! i was constipated for the last 4 days so i took lactoloce (or how ever it is spelt) last night then again earlier 2day and since the second time i have been having waves of crippling pain, as in all i can do is curl up untill each wave has gone, they only seem to last about 5 seconds each but they r so painful. is this normal or has anyone elce ever experinced this? or is this something compleatly different?yeah im 17 so im in my first year of AS levles and i work part time toget a little money, for like going out and paying for my driving lessons!i did get my homework done to find in the morning my computer had onyl save the orignal work and not the extra i had done last night so i spent my break lunchtime and only free lesson making my 14 pages up to the proper 31! i hate computers!well i hope everyone is ok?well im off out with my boyfriend tonight as i broke up form school for easter! have a good night everyonecaz

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah its quite normal to have those pain with some laxatives , laxatives works by irretating the colon to get it all moving , which results in discomfort and pains. I get like that when I take senakot. Im using Milk of Magnesium as I have found its the only drug where I dont have any discomfort as Milk of magnesium works by pulling extra water into the colon instead of irretating it.Im sorry about your homework that really sux . Hope you have a nice easter and had a good time out with your boyfriend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.