Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the second time in two years I've noticed bright red blood on the bathroom tissue after a poo. Now, this is only the second time in two years this has happend but I'm totally freaked out by this. I've made an appointment with my colon rectal guy for next week but I need someone to talk me down off the ledge and tell me that this isn't as bad as it seems. Because as far as I'm concerned I've got two weeks to live..... Help me have a good weekend. Someone tell me to take a deep breath.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Take a deep breath.I have internal hemmys and they can show bright red blood after poo and wiping.If it is bright red that is probably the internal hemmys. I have the same thing sometimes.Now dark blood or black looking would show something farther up in colon is the matter.The brighter the blood the closer the hole, as my doctor put it to me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long will these internal (or infernal as it may be) hemmys last? And why now? What did I do to have this happen again. I will say this, the last time it happend it was February 2005. What's with the month of February? Is it internal hemmy awareness month or something. Thanks for telling me to take a deep breath. It's just a little frightening to see that on the paper post-poo.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
This used to come and go with me. I always attributed it to too much, and still never enough, wiping. When I cleared up my D this stopped, although the infernal itch still gets to me late in the day. I suspect that winter dry skin may play a role, as well. I used to use one of my wife's moisturizing cream at night which helped greatly. Stay off of the ledge. Don't even look out of that window. It's just the IBS.Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for the good words. I'm not going near the window and I've closed the blinds. I had a occult blood test last year and everything was ok with that so I just need to get over myself until next week.Here's a fun thought...I have a two hour school bus ride on Monday with my daughter to a field trip in DC. That should be really fun with ye olde hemmys flaring up. Oh the joys of being over 40!!Thanks for cheering me up!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
The infernal blood after going either several times with D or a couple of times with C. I inevitably get an uncontrolable rectal itch with either. My doctor prescribed a cortizone cream that has really helped control the itchiness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.