Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, im 15 yrs old and im not quite sure what i have! i often get stomach cramps that go away after i go to the toilet, and my bowel movements have become quite frequent and i am left feeling quite worn out. a while ago i was diagnosed with CFS, but that seems to have ceased, and now this is my problem. does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey
YOur symptoms could correspond with IBS, but honestly, the best thing you can do is go to your doctor and get checked out.I know it's embarrassing having to talk about your bowel movements in front of someone you barely know, but it really will help.I've had IBS since i was 13 or 14, and i'm now 20. I wish i'd done something about it earlier as knowledge really is power with this damn disease.Good luck, and let us know how you get on!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
yeah, it could be IBS but again, you need to see a doctor to be sure and get others things ruled out. like sparkle says, it's nothing to be embarassed about - i'm sure your doctor has dealt with it before. once you know for sure, there are ways to cope with it. I'd suggest - after getting a diagnosis - working with your doctor and using this baord and other sources to learn as much as you can. and also, remember - there are a lot of us dealing with IBS but there is no one way to deal with it as there is no one set of symptoms. and most importantly, you'll get as much support here as you need - I know I have!nancy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks you guys, i asked my mum to make me a doctors appointment this morning so i'll soon have a better idea, thanks again! x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts