Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone. I'm fourteen years old and my name is Sam. My nickname is Dizzy, though.Um. I'm sort of embarrassed. Since I was in like fifth grade or so I've had a problem with really bad stomachaches and cramping and stuff. I don't go to the bathroom a LOT, but if I eat certain things sometimes it's really painful to. Like I'll be in the middle of shopping and I'll suddenly get really bad stomach pains and have to go to the bathroom. And my mom always thinks I'm doing it to get out of doing something or to get out of school or something. And my dad thinks I do it, too, to skip school and stuff, you know? And it really hurts my feelings and upsets me because they don't believe me. And my mom thinks it's all in my head. I don't know what to do. She's always like, "You're WEIRD." Whenever this happens. And it makes me feel worse and I wind up yelling at her. I don't know if I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome but a lot of the symptoms sound like what I get. Cause when it hurts it HURTS really bad. I don't like going out to eat cause it seems like no matter what I eat in restaurants I get it really bad. I want to go to the doctor for it but everytime I suggest it to my mom she's like, "Well, it's stress." Or. "It's all in your head." Or. "You're weird." Or. "You're faking it."And I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
332 Posts
heya samsorry to hear you are having so many problems. Maybe you should sit down and have a good chat with both your parents. I'm not sure, what i do know is its really important to get their help. I dunno where i'd be without my Mum!! could you maybe go to the dr yourself? i'm afraid i don't know much about how your medical system works, maybe someone from over there will be able to help you more. good luck

·
Registered
50 Posts
Maybe show your Mom this site. Tell her about us and how very seriously this effects YOU. You need her more then ever for support. Who else can help make clever excuses (not just for school) if having a bad day, who else can you confide in completely? A friend like no other....MOM!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hey there. I've had IBS since I was a kid. Back then the doctors thought IBS was a hypocondriach's (sp?) disease and TOLD her I was making it all up. Now down the track it is a recognisable problem and my mum is SO supportive. You need to see a doctor to get a proper diagnoses, then show her the site and ask your doctor to either give you some info on IBS or get him/her to talk to your mum or your parents about IBS so they understand you are not making it all up. In the meantime hang around here, whinge to us as much as you need about feeling terrible and we'll be happy to listen, support and sympathise. I think going through IBS as a teenager is the hardest time to have to go through it as no one seems to understand and you don't want to tell your friends anyway. Big hugs to you and let us know how you go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.