Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey, i feel stupid posting this, i don't even know where to start, but i just need some advice..i'm 22, male, and from the uk..for months i was getting slight pain just below my belly button, the doctor told me i had pulled a muscle, as i'm also on accutane, which makes your back etc sore.. then last week i got a sore throat, infection, then my stomach started to get really sore, like unbelieveable pain, shoots up and down, i literally thought i was dying, i'm a hypocondriac regardless of whats wrong with me, so i went to see another doctor, he told me it's just a stomach infection, and it should go away.. then a week later i was still getting the pains.. went to see another doctor, they told me i had IBS. I feel like this has ruined my life, all i know is that i have this for the rest of my life, i don't know why i've got it.. my stomach feels like ####, if i sit certain ways, it's uncomfortable, and makes weird noises, when i'm laying on my back i feel the most comfortable, does anyone else have this? i'm always concious that there's something going on, it just doesn't feel right anymore, it's always bubbling and feels like it's constantly tingling, i used to eat like a horse, and now i'm scared to eat because of the pain, i don't know what i'm allowed to eat, i was/am so dependant on my mum and now that i've got this i'm worried, my mum isn't always gonna be around, i'm 22 and i need to learn how to look after it myself, i don't even know what i'm allowed to eat and i'm constantly tired, my whole life has just changed in a week, yesterday i just sat in my room and cried because i feel so alone, it's basically ruined my life.. i know nothing about ibs and all i know is that i'm stuck with this stuff for the rest of my life, i just needed to vent.. did any1 else feel like this? and do the pains ever go away, like will i ever feel normal again?

·
Registered
57 Posts
hey, i feel stupid posting this, i don't even know where to start, but i just need some advice..i'm 22, male, and from the uk..for months i was getting slight pain just below my belly button, the doctor told me i had pulled a muscle, as i'm also on accutane, which makes your back etc sore.. then last week i got a sore throat, infection, then my stomach started to get really sore, like unbelieveable pain, shoots up and down, i literally thought i was dying, i'm a hypocondriac regardless of whats wrong with me, so i went to see another doctor, he told me it's just a stomach infection, and it should go away.. then a week later i was still getting the pains.. went to see another doctor, they told me i had IBS. I feel like this has ruined my life, all i know is that i have this for the rest of my life, i don't know why i've got it.. my stomach feels like ####, if i sit certain ways, it's uncomfortable, and makes weird noises, when i'm laying on my back i feel the most comfortable, does anyone else have this? i'm always concious that there's something going on, it just doesn't feel right anymore, it's always bubbling and feels like it's constantly tingling, i used to eat like a horse, and now i'm scared to eat because of the pain, i don't know what i'm allowed to eat, i was/am so dependant on my mum and now that i've got this i'm worried, my mum isn't always gonna be around, i'm 22 and i need to learn how to look after it myself, i don't even know what i'm allowed to eat and i'm constantly tired, my whole life has just changed in a week, yesterday i just sat in my room and cried because i feel so alone, it's basically ruined my life.. i know nothing about ibs and all i know is that i'm stuck with this stuff for the rest of my life, i just needed to vent.. did any1 else feel like this? and do the pains ever go away, like will i ever feel normal again?
i know how you feel, i've had ibs for 2 years now, i'm 21 now and turning 22 next month, it's changed my life big time, i can't even go out and enjoy myself in night clubs or bars anymore without getting the urge to go to the toilet, i seem to be ok in the mornings but it's as the day progresses, i've started recently getting bad pains in my sides which makes me that paranoid thinking i have cancer cause it feels that sore, i can't lie on my right side or lie flat on my back either cause i always get a weird feeling in the back side, i usually lie on my left side but then when i wake up i start feeling sore in that side from probably whatever way i was lying, it really is a pain literallyi get that too always aware that something is going on, i'm like you a hypocondriac, my father has ibs also, he's had it for around 20-30 years, he used to soil himself when he first got it, i haven't really experienced that yet, just had the leaky gas that went on for hours and hours when i was in a mate's house which didn't really go down too well, people kept trying to avoid making a conversation with me, felt pure isolatedi call IBS - Isolated Bothersome Syndromethat's the way i feel all the time isolated and i always wonder whether there's a smell coming off me or not due to passing gas randomly at times and getting this feeling like i've soiled myself even though i haven't :S it's weird, think it's just a lot of sweat down below even though i shower every day, could be due to not exercising much and smoking all the timetbh ibs can improve over time depending on how you change your life style, what medication you take etc i haven't felt one bit normal in a very long time, it's always the same #### every single day, really getting sick of it and makes me feel like taking my life but i know that would be a really stupid thing to do letting a stupid illness in my bowels get the better of mewish my mother would be more understanding of this illness, she keeps saying i'm putting it on and that it's all in my head (typical answer from useless doctors)

·
Registered
76 Posts
hey, i feel stupid posting this, i don't even know where to start, but i just need some advice..i'm 22, male, and from the uk..... as i'm also on accutane,
As far as I know Accutane is mainly used to treat acne, and is sometimes used to treat certain types of cancer as it interferes with cell division. Its also been linked as a cause of IBS/IBD, and there's many, many ongoing lawsuits.My advice would be to get yourself to a proper GI and inform him/her of your Accutane use (dose/length of treatment) and your rather new abdominal issues.Edit: More info on Accutane: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IsotretinoinOr, just do a search for Accutane on this site. There's lots of research news hits concerning Accutane & IBS/IBD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.