Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at this page for a long time but, have wanted to belive that I don't have IBS. In my heart I have always known that I have. My Grandfather suffered the same symptoms as does my mother. I have been to the doctor many times and have been told that nothing is wrong. HS and college life have forced me to realize that I'm not able to do certain(sp?) things and I have become a "outcast" with my freinds(If you know what I mean). I have very intense bouts of D about every day and only manage with the help of Immodium Advanced. Without this help/crutch I am a mass of jello. Thankfully my girlfreind is very understanding with my "upset stomach". Without her support I don't think I could manage. Does anyone have any advice? I've tried almost everything! I spent a day in the bathroom because of the advice of someone that Equalactin works wonders. Also I have milk allergies and avoid all of the normal triggers but it still goes on. Looking for advice Curt H

·
Registered
550 Posts
Welcome to the BB Curt. You will find a lot of information and help here. I am fairly new also, so don't have answers for you, but keep checking in, you will learn a lot. Best wishes, and so glad to hear your girlfriend understands.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the board. I have the same symptoms as you do. I have been using the Caltrate for about 2 1/2 months and it really makes a difference. If you read the previous posts you will get some great advice from other people who have tried many different meds which helped them. Good Luck and welcome

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome, Curt.As has already been suggested,try the caltrate its really helping a lot of people. In the meantime, you might want to switch to Immodium AD instead of Immodium Advanced, the "advanced" contains sorbitol, which can actually make the "D" worse for some of us. Dietary changes can be helpful, too, so try keeping a "food diary". Its hard to believe, but some foods won't affect you until 24 to 48 hours later. Don't give up, eventually you'll find what works for you. And, although they aren't pleasant, if you havevn't been tested, PLEASE see a doctor to confirm that its IBS and not something else.Again, welcome, hope you find much help and support here

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Welcome Curt.If diarrhea is the problem you need to really try using the caltrate plus with vitamin d and minerals in the purple and white box. Especially since you have given up dairy you need the calcium for you teeth and bones.Take one with each meal and you should see a difference very soon. Let us know it we can help get you adjusted to a dose that suits you.Linda

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome to the board Curt: Everyone here is very understanding and know what you are going through. There is no cure for IBS,so don't expect to pop a pill and wala you are cured. I have had IBS for almost 30 yrs, in some degree or another, and I still don't know what really triggers it. Maybe its stress, maybe its what I ate, maybe its the change of the season,or allegries,we all have the same questions. Some of us find things that help. I take 3 Caltrate Plus a day, also I take Imodium A.D. when its really bad. I try to use common sense about what I eat. I have a med. for tension. Other than that I suffer. I am sorry that you are so young and have this,but maybe they will find a cure,and we will all be much better off, until then we all suffer together,with support and love. Glad you joined us Maro

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Curt,Welcome to the board.....------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can any of you tell me more about your experiences with Caltrait(very bad spelling)? Also yes I have had all the test that I know of( My sister is a doctor). My problems started with my milk allergies but now I find that milk doesn't do anything to me that all food doesn't do. Stress also, doesn't seem to be the trigger. It just "is"! Anyway I want to know more about Caltrait(sp?) If it helps I will try it. I am not looking for a cure. The more I snoop around the more it seems that everyone in my mothers family suffers from this in some way. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.