Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For so long, I kept thinking eggs were dairy. So, I stayed away from it. As I sat down with my sister the other night, she's like, "What are you talking about?" They are in the dairy section, but they are NOT Dairy. Needless to say, I had a whole argument about this....but in the end, i realized she was right. I have started to eat egg whites with veggies and I have been fine. One more thing to add to my diet!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I eat an egg every morning. It is a perfect food, i think for IBS sufferers because it is somewhat bland and doesn't bother the g.i. system and it has protein for us who need all the vitamins we can get.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I always thought of them as dairy also. Go figure. I have always been able to eat eggs and I love them. Actually, my son had a 6 month bout with IBS a few years back after what the Doc thinks was a bacterial infection form tainted food(?) and he suggested giving eggs because they are somewhat binding. So, I took that advice and although I don't know if they actually bind, I've never noticed feeling icky after eating them. One thing I can count on.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Dairy by definition is something that came out of milk from a mammal. (Milk, cheese, yogurt, butter, etc.)Eggs come from birds.The lactose that is in dairy and the proteins that are in dairy are not in eggs, so generally even if you cannot eat dairy you can eat eggs (unless you have a separate allergy to eggs).When most vegetarians are Ovo-lacto types that means they eat eggs and dairy. Those being considered separate categories. K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.And from the as if IBS isn't enough of a worry file...from New Scientist's Feedback column: photographed on the door of a ladies' loo in the Sequoia National Park in California by reader Liz Masterman: "Please keep door closed to discourage bears from entering."

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I can't eat dairy coz it gives me bad D, and I for ages thought the same thing that eggs were dairy....well they're not and they are one of the things I'm OK with.Easy mistake to make
Clair

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I eat eggs too. Eggland's Best variety are supposedly juiced with extra omega-3 fatty acids which are good for you, and they taste better than other brands in my humble opinion. But you will have to pay more for them.P.S. I don't work for the company.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Eggs are one of the few things that will guarantee a bout of D for me. I can use them in baked goods like muffins or bread, but not in something like pancakes or waffles. French toast, which I love, is strictly off limits. I used to love eggs and I really miss them, but I won't suffer with the side effects.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.