Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry I reported suicidesoonlifesruined. I was afraid that he was going to commit suicide. I freak out and didn't know what to do. I am sorry. Please don't be mad at me. Please if you are out there come back Leah

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
If you were a regular reader (rather than just coming on to make comments about Leah1980....)You would know that someone joined a while ago with a name that included the word suicide and all the drama that has been going on with that particular person.Leah is just commenting on something that has to do with that.SSLR posted they were going to kill themselves before Christmas, they were talked out of it based on how the posts went, but a few people (and I do not think Leah was the only one) really thought the screen name needed to be changed.We haven't seen SSLR recently, many people are worried. They posted after changing the name, so I do not think they left because Leah reported them. I also hope that SSLR is OKIf you can't stand Leah so much, why do you keep coming here and responding to them. I thought you liked the Yahoo Leah-free zones.She hasn't been a problem here that I have seen...sigh. IF she ever is then she will be dealt with. Targeting other members like you are doing is NOT allowed here BTW. Read this post, please http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php...2037;p=1#000001 K.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Leah, reporting him was completely out of concern and you shouldn't worry about what you did. You did it for the right reason. I think it was brave to post this. You didn't have to let everyone know who reported him, but you did. You sound very sincere and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey Leah, I don't know what was going on with Suicide but I am sure you did the right thing. What if you hadn't reported and something happened? Also, I am sorry I keep missing you on the computer. I leave it on most of the day so I am not always in front of the screen.Carly

·
Registered
247 Posts
Leah,Don't be sorry. You did the right thing. I think if someone is threatening suicide they are at rock bottom and you reporting it isn't going to make things worse. Hopefully, it will be a wake up call and that person will get help.

G

·
If I have this right - someone posted this stuff and all of us caring people rallied around and worried and posted some more and they change their name and not bother to let us know how they are??? I think that's friggin nasty of them. I have thought about that person every day wondering how they were doing. Thanks And don't everyone come on saying, oh when you're depressed you do that, I've been depressed lots and I can still say thanks for trying to help.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Actually, SSLR had posted a message about wanting to committ suicide and that he was going to do it soon. A lot of people replied and managed to encourage him to hang on a little longer. Someone (Leah1980) complained about his name and he had to change it. He commented on that, but that is all it was. Well, everyone kept posting messages to him and he just stopped responding. People have sent him PM's and they have been read without a response. That's kind of how it went down in a short version.

·
Registered
686 Posts
well i must be hibernating here in scotland, as i have no idea who this SSLR is
(embarrased now) im normally very aware whats been said and who said it etc, i dont mean to be unconcerned because this sounds very serious,and when someone says theyre going to kill themselves it freaks me out (a close friend of mine did this a few years ago) i still find it hard to understand why!i find it very distasteful for someone to come onto a site like this and say these things,life is precious and should not be abused in this way.We all im sure have had bad **** happen to us but killing yourself is not the answer.leah sounds to me that you did something that most of us would also have done, dont blame yourself.

·
Registered
686 Posts
WOW!!!!!!! i have just read this article and im pretty damn amazed, im going to keep my thoughts to myself as i have found most of the time people either agree with you or they dont, and i dont want to make any enemies on here as this place has kinda became my haven for re-assurance and help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.