Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Scout.Hi. To get comrpehensive information first on the subject of food allelrgies vs intolerance and their role in your symptoms, and how to isolate the problems you have and what provokes them, I recomend you get this book from the worlds' leading authority on this subject (allergist, immunologits, and pathologist Professor Jonathan Brostoff):"FOOD ALLERGIES AND FOOD INTOLERANCE: THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO THEIR IDENTIFICTION AND TREATMENT", Professor Jonathan Brostoff (M.D.. Allergy, Immunology and Environmental Medicine, Kings' College, London) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/089...6487508-3420903 In short, it is possible to get an immediate reaction to some specific thing in the diet, it is possible to have chronic delayed reactions to things in the diet which keep the small bowel and colon upregulated or twitchy, so that no matter what you swallow produces and immediate amplified reflex which can be mistakenly identified, and it is possible for this to be linked to allergy and non-allergic intolerances alike.This is why this book is important as there is no single diet which is sutiabole for all d-types since the reactivity profile of each person is different and there are at least 8 different possible mechanisms which may be involved.there are dietary guidelines that are valid and helpful based upon the laws of probability and common mechansisms like pseudoallergy, histminic foods, active peptide containing foods, etc. but these produce partial remission most of the time. Which is totally fine of ourse, but to get the maximum remission we have to learn more, and gfrom that we can assess our own diet with proven tools and methods taken from decades of medical experience.hence my recommendaton that you obtain that book. You will find it helpful. As for me a remedial typing course would be helpfulMNL

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.