Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
I used it for the first time yesterday, after reading someone's post here. It took about 15 minutes to work, and it worked very well for the D, but I noticed only a small amount of relief for the gas. Pepcid seems to work better. Hope that helps......

· Registered
7 Posts
I live on immodium. I like the fact that you can chew it and take it anywhere you go and you don't need water. But the after taste, yuck!It does help to a point but can get you messed up if you aren't careful.Not much else out there that helps.

· Registered
146 Posts
Nicolab -"Immodium Plus"?I've never heard of this - is this a UK thing?A sublingual Immodium would be of interest to me.We have Immodium Advanced in the US, a large, chewable tablet that is supposed to be effective for both D and gas.It has an unpleasant taste and really didn't do much for my D. I can't really say that it did much for my gas, either.I prefer the regular Immodium tablets, which seem to work well for me. Although the ingredients of both medications are similar, it's odd that one works for me and the other does not.But, by looking at the board, it seems that the first rule of IBS seems to be - what works for you might not work for someone else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.