Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to drink at my friends graduation party coming up soon. Im 19 and never have had alcohol because of my IBS. The only foods that cause me real problems are lactose, fructose/corn surup foods, and caffeine. Other than that my main symptoms are pain and anxiety, but I control the pain through metamucil. Anyways, I really want to drink, even if it is just one beer. Does anyone have any suggestions about say maybe taking immodium or something before I drink so that I dont have problems. Im not even sure I will have problems (I can tolerate Diet pop with no problem if that helps), but just in case. Any suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Its really different for each person. Some people, like me, are fine with beer. Others can't tolerate it, yet can drink spirits(like vodka etc.) better.For me, I am usually fine the night i'm drinking. Alcohol actually makes my stomach feel better. I take Immodium as a precaution before i go out though. I am usually sick the morning after, depending on how much i have had to drink.So if you have never drank before it might be kind of risky trying it out on the dya you have something important to do. Maybe try having a beer on a day that isn't busy to see how you do.Thats the problem with IBS, you have to try and see what works for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.