Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading recently that immodium can contribute to bloating.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Well i take immodium quite regularly, because i'm regularly in places where if i get d, it's going to be both embarrasing and i really can't be gona that long with out some one getting suspicious, i.e when i'm in school.I've never had problems with bloating, though i do reguarly experience pain around and hour after taking it, which lasts about 10- 15 mins usually. I guess it could contribute to bloating but in my experience of it, i've had none.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I took Immodium for a while, then I was off it for a long time because I couldn't stand the bloating and the pain that I got with it.But I started taking it again this semester because I needed something to help me make it through a whole day of classes, and it surprisingly doesn't bother me anymore. I don't know if maybe there was something else going on in the past that was causing the bloating, and I was just mistakenly associating it with the Immodium? Either way, it's not so bad now. There is some Immodium that is supposed to be anti-gas and, I think, anti-bloating... but I've never taken anything except that kind so I can't compare it to the regular kind.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hiya, im usually really bloated the day after i take imodium and its really uncomfy but i just decided i had to see what i would rather have the unbearable cramps and D or bloating. I choose bloating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts