Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that you should try and take as little Immodium as possible, but I find myself needing more and more as the years go on. Can you become resistant to it? I find myself needing to take 3 for it to be effictive and sometimes that doesn't even help. Can you take it daily? Or is little as possible better?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was taking Imodium for a long time and it did seem like the longer I took it the more my body needed for it to actually work. It came to the point that I was taking 6-8 pills a day and they did nothing for me. Try stopping for a bit if you can and then start taking them again. That's what I did and it seemed to help.

·
Registered
479 Posts
It's supposed to be safe to take daily, but lately I'm trying to mix it up more. Immodium is still the most effective for me, but if I plan on being home all day I'll only take my antispasmodics, and if I just have to run errands or only have one class that day, I'll take some pepto. I don't know how much it's helping, but I'm trying to mix it up so I don't become dependent/resistant to just one med. I still take Immodium the majority of the time, though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am trying not to take immodium to often. Truth be said, I feel way better for the recent month or so - D is totally gone, usually one trip to WC in 2 days. Only take Immodium when I have to go twice a day (still without D) more like a preventative - 1, 2 caplets a week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.