Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just come back from my holiday in Tenerife which I really enjoyed apart from the flight! Flying scares me anyway but having the additional worry about a D and G attack on the plane horrified me even more until I tried Immodium before I got on the plane, It really seemed to help calm my bowel (unless knowing I'd taken something helped me pyschologically! I don't know) but I felt great and love the stuff now!I want to use immodium now more day to day is it wise to do so or is it something you should only have on occasions! I would rather prevent a bad attack of D if I can help it instead of getting D and then taking Immodium. What do you do?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I take it everyday. I f I don't things get too loose. Been using it two years. Don't think I could get by without it. Doctors say you can take four a day safely. Ohters say no. You just have to decide for your self.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Hi! Glad you had a nice trip!! Immodium has been a life saver for me! I take it almost daily. I will skip a day here and there if I feel I'm getting C. Take it when you need it! If that is every day then so be it! Doctors have said it's perfectly safe for long term use. The reason it says on the box to only take it a few days and see a doctor is because if you have D for more then a few days they want you to be checked out to find out the cause. But since we already know it's more then a bug taking Immodium on a regular basis can be great, especially when you need to go places! Jennifer
[This message has been edited by Homebound (edited 11-10-2000).]

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hi Calibongo,I used to take Imodium on a daily basis for a long time. My Doctor said it was OK. It always worked for me. If you are taking other medication that act on the CNS then Imodium may make you drowsy. It does not cross the blood brain barrier so it is not addicting. Since people can react differently to the same medication, you will have to try using it and see what happens. For more info click on this site: http://www.gicare.com/pated/loperamide.htm ------------------vikee

·
Registered
693 Posts
I don't know what it is with me but Immodium only works for me once D has started .It really doesn't prevent it. I don't know if it is because I get major cramps and spasms before the D and I guess Immodium doesn't control that . At least for me. I was really hoping I would have good luck with it as I have to travel often.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi there! I have using Imodium for over 10 years now and I am still living well and feeling great. I started on Lotronex in March and when I go on long road trips that Imodium sure comes in handy! Hope it continues to work for you! Take Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.