Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had "urgent" diarreah for the last week. My mom finally gave me some immodium yesterday and things didn't stop until this morning. I took 2 first, then 1 after each episode, about 8 total yesterday. Today I took 2 in the morning, then one in the afternoon. Will this hold me out until tomorrow? Things seem to be stopped up at the moment, which is ok. I'm going to go ahead and take one more for tonight just to be sure. My rear end just needs a break from all the action. I also haven't eaten in the past 2 days because of loss of appetite and fear of making things worse. Is this making it worse? I'm going to buy calcium carbonate when I get paid (next thursday) and hopefully that will balance me out, but until then I'm assuming it's ok to take immodium daily. I'm afraid I'll run out though, and I have no money to buy more. Any advice on what to do until payday?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I hope your bout of diarrhea is over - or at least under control. I've only just come across your post. If I'd seen it earlier, I would have been very tempted to send you some Immodium! If you ever find yourself in this position again and you don't feel you can ask a family member or friend for help, ask US! We're one big poopy family!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies. I managed to ration out the immodium until payday. I also got some caltrate and have been following the advice on it's usage from this board. So far so good, no explosive diarrhea thank god. I'm a little more stopped up than is normal I guess, but it's MUCH better than going to the bathroom every hour or so. Anyway, thanks guys, it's comforting to find other people going through the same thing.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
JoninMo,You may get a rebound effect from all the imodium and you will have what I call a blow out but when that has passed stay with the calcium and I think you will be surprised how well that can keep control of your diarrhea.Linda

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Imodium can be taken daily if needed. Usually a divided dose works better in the studies (so taking 1 pill 2X a day rather hand 2 pills in the morning sort of thing).If the Calcium helps you may not need as much Imodium. If you feel blocked up (don't go for a day or so) stop the Imodium until things start moving again.K.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Imodium works really well. You have to use a lot of it though on a daily basis. I have never had any pain associated with imodium. I have taken 6 pills in a day. Thats over the recommended dose but works well. Its funny to know that most people live life and go to school by staying off drugs, while we IBSer's get on the drugs to live life and stay in school..??

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a question about Immodium. Somewhere I read that it works as a relaxant and thus slows things down instead of thickening things up. So then, does it work like Donnatal then? Thanks in advance....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.