Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am new to the BB, but have been reading the posts for about a month now. There has been some wonderful information here, but I have a question. Actually, two questions. First, I was wondering if anyone here takes immodium on a daily basis, as I was told by my doctor that it was safe to do so. My second question is, does anyone happen to know if it is safe to take immodium while pregnant? My husband and I would like to start a family soon, but I am a little nervous about what to expect from the IBS. I would be grateful for any information. Just wanted you to know how comforting it is to know that I am not alone, and to learn of new ways that I may be able to deal with this.

G

·
Meggy,Welcome to the board........You are sure to get the helpful info and advice you need here.......------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi, Meggie, I use Imodium all the time. I don't have to take it on a daily basis, but my dr told me to take it everyday. I don't need to do that, but it is a very safe product. I don't know how it would affect you being pregnant, because some women are constipated alot while they are pregnant. I don't think it would harm you or the baby, but you'd have to ask your dr. Good luck and welcome to the board. Georgia

·
Registered
464 Posts
Meggy: Welcome to the board. We are glad that you have joined us. You should probably ask your Dr. about imodium and pregnancy. I only take imodium when I have D. But my Dr. also told me that I could take them everyday too. Maro
------------------"FRIENDS ARE ANGELS WHO LIFT US TO OUR FEET WHEN OUR WINGS HAVE TROUBLE REMEMBERING HOW TO FLY"

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hi meggy welcome to the BB. You will get lots of help here. I used to use imodium on a daily basis, my doctor also said that was safe. I use it now when I need it, sometimes several times a week.You can find out more about imodium by clicking on this site: http://www.gicare.com/pated/loperamide.htm It gives you good information including that on pregnancy.Perhaps you will get more replies if you posted again stating "imodium and pregnancy "I'm sure others have had the situation you find yourself in now. I was never pregnant.vikee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.