Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hear that alot of you take immodium when do you take it before or after you eat or do u take them in the morning and night time. and what does the calcium help with do that help people not get D and if so do you take that with immodium or do you just take the calcium

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,My answer here is from my experience alone -- different people tend to have different reactions to different treatment, so take that into consideration.I usually take Immodium in the morning, and it keeps my bowels inactive until the evening. I noticed that it has the best effect this way -- if I take it later into the day, after I've already eaten, it often doesn't work as well.Calcium, as per Linda's explanations, is a cause for constipation, and as such, provides an "opposition" to the gut's tendency to overwork. These you should take 3 times a day with your meals.Immodium isn't a long-term treatment. Calcium is.Hope this helps.G.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Speaking of Imodium... does anyone else, besides my son and I, find that the regular Imodium works better than the Imodium Advanced? We have tried the Advance several times, and it does not stop the D and our other symptoms. We usually take the Imodium after a bowel movement (we are morning people with our bm's).mom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts