Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any info. on immunoglobulin supplements? Have people tried them? How about using them along with calcium supplements? I have heard that IgG supplements work with IBS-C or D... I am both- as in I rotate between bouts of C, and then D. So maybe this supplement would work for me while I try and stay away from calcium especially when I am C. Thanks for anything- Hillary Lubin

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I've seen a number of threads on this. Try doing a search to look for some recent threads. I've not tried it myself since the info I saw didn't have enough information for me. I prefer not tkaing medication unless I am sure it's OK.I'm also IBS C/D. I've been taking calcium/magnesium supplements (I know these are thigns I need anyway) and having some success although not great lately. It's the balance thing that can cause such trouble!good lucknancy

·
Registered
563 Posts
I just bought some and started taking it yesterday. I'm trying to match the dose as closely as possible to what I've read on threads about Immunolin, which is more concentrated than what I found in the pharmacy. Don't know how long it takes to know if it's doing anything or not, but if it helps, I'll let you know.I take calcium, but with magnesium, for bones. I tried the Caltrate but it just made my incomplete evacuation (I'm D-type) worse. I never did get any solid stools while on it, and had to go just as much, if not more.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I just bought some and started taking it yesterday. I'm trying to match the dose as closely as possible to what I've read on threads about Immunolin, which is more concentrated than what I found in the pharmacy. Don't know how long it takes to know if it's doing anything or not, but if it helps, I'll let you know.I take calcium, but with magnesium, for bones. I tried the Caltrate but it just made my incomplete evacuation (I'm D-type) worse. I never did get any solid stools while on it, and had to go just as much, if not more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.