Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just found this place, and a search was... daunting. If this has been answered, please point me there.

Has anyone found a good cheap source on IMODIUM COMPLETE? Generic (or basic name brand) is great for stopping the diarrhea but it leaves in in incredible pain. Almost worse than if I just did nothing. I assume it is mostly due to gas and bloating. The COMPLETE formula works really well for me, but I cannot find a good price on it. I am paying what I need to now to get through my days, but man they can cost $0.80 per pill sometimes.

So, to be clear, generic is not an option here. Unless one of you has found a good alternative.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, there is no generic for Imodium Complete, only for regular Imodium. The generic version of Imodium Complete would require you to get both generic loperamide as well as generic simethicone.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I should add, it's possible that the simethicone portion of the Imodium Complete is what gives you relief from pain, as it can relieve bloating. I've never come across cheap Imodium though, only generic loperamide. You may be better to try generic loperamide with generic simethicone to see if it has the same effect as Imodium Complete, because if it does, it will less expensive than the cheapest Imodium Complete you'll find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.