Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,Just stumbled across this site via google and I'm amazed at just how much information there is about IBS and the issues we face. I have had struggled with IBS-D ever since I can remember and have never found an effective treatment. Like many others on here I take Imodium as a way to stop "the big D" when I really cannot avoid the meeting/journey and there is no toilet on standby for my 5 or 6 BMs every morning. However I find that when I take imodium, if I eat anything on the same day, I suffer terrible stomach cramps and spasms just below my rib cage on the right side of my torso. I have tried eating different foods, different amounts, different times etc but nothing is working. This pain has landed me in hospital many times it's so bad and I do not feel I have a low pain threshold as I was beginning to wonder if I was a wimp.I work in insurance and travel to 1 or 2 meetings a day involving a business lunch in between so if I take Imodium I am nearly doubled over in pain during the latter parts of my afternoon meeting. The only way round this is to not take imodium and hope there's a toilet but I am a little embarrassed to admit that this method has resulted in a few accidents. Has anyone else suffered this? If so what can I do to try to stop the pain or is there another way I can stop the need to go?Many thanks for listening and sorry for the long post.Steve

1 - 1 of 1 Posts