Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question.Does anyone know which iodium is the strongest? I had a terrible flare up yesterday,and ended up taking some anti-diaharea tables, off brand. Tody I went to the drugstore, two of them and asked two different pharmastists which was the strogest imodium on the shelf and both of them told methey are all the sme. I asked about th off brand,and they said the same. I hae a problem agreeing withtht, as then why is there so many different kinds. i want th strongest. Can someone help me,and where do you get yours fromthanks so mucDeeDee

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
They are all about the same dosage-wise. I have used off brand for years with much success. And as far as Imodium "Multi Symptom" I believe the only added ingredient is an anti-gas agent and I have used those off label as well with much success. Unless one is particularly sensitive.. I doubt there is much difference between them & brand name. I haven't found any difference anyway.. well.... other than alot more money left in my pocket.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much. I ws wondering. smetimes i feel like I am getting ammune to imodium, as it seems sometimes it takes longer to work. After the flair up I had yesterday, believe me I will use imodium whenever and not even question itit is horrible. I get along so well,ad think okay i am ding so much better, nd thenall of a sudden a horrible flair up and here i am again afriad to eat anythng. It is horrible what a life

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Dee I don't wait for the D to start before I take it. That would be too late and I know I would just waste the imodium! I need to take it with meals to prevent D. And consequently I think I end up needing less.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, no kidding. I will do that. I sometimes think maybe i need to take one of two a day anyay, but i will try that and eat with food. thanks so muchi had been waiting until D started and then wow, i have a horrible time stoppng itthaks a million

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I mean maybe you might do ok with just using Calcium Carbonate daily and waiting to take the imodium if or when the D flares up. See Linda's Calcium Thread thumbtacked to the top of this Forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.