1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
33 Posts
In deed it was very informative. I still quite dont understand why if rifaximin and the other drug (i dont remember) are excellent combined, then why most GI dont prescribe it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't understand why the Rifaximin antibiotic wouldn't affect the microbiome of the colon down line, and why they can't check the microbiome of the sm intestine before and after administering during research instead of blindly prescribing antibiotics. Maybe that's why some don't prescribe it. What about enteric coated probios that usually reside in the small intestine. They have their hands tied if dictated by what insurance WON'T cover;But, the least G.I.s can do is suggest which probios to take. They say the probiotic market does not have efficacy, VSL#3 and Align were researched;How much research do they all need....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Saw another good video that someone posted on the forum.

Watch "Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Dr.
Mark Pimentel" on YouTube

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
33 Posts
Then I find out Eluxadoline (Viberzi) can cause euphoria and become a little addictive www.drugs.com/mtm/eluxadoline.html
Some people claim that viberzi is the miracle drug but for some reason I would just have an inmodium instead of viberzi. it is for the same effect (get less BMs).

But aside of that, im really encouraged by the video of Dr. Pimentel when he talks about a person with really bad IBS/high cdtB in the clinic and he stated that they actually had to clean his blood, much like doing a chemo, and the patient got rid of all of his symptoms. Also the fact that they are actually looking into how to reverse the effect of cdtb in our system is very promising.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Especially interesting portion at the 1 hour 7 minute mark
Yes!! For me that was the most important part of the video. When I started researching about IBS, I remembered reading in Jini Patel's book about her thinking that IBD as well as IBS might or could be triggered by a bacteria of which we are not aware yet. Now with this video, im like "Jini was up to something" (well, i think we've all thinked this sometime on ohr lives). That actually gives me hope. Who knows, if that comes to prove actually beneficial, maybe someday not far away, we might actually have some protocol in which we clean our blood, kill pathogens and toxins, and later we work on repopulating and restoring gut balance to get back to a normal state of well being.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts