Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to me that nearly all (if not all) diseases and sicknesses are simply rooted with a bad immune system. Simple, right? We get cold's and flu's by breathing the same air, or touching someone who has the same disease. If our immune system is poor, then we can't fight it off and we have to battle it within our system. I believe our immune system, in its purest form can fight off anything.The reason I mention this is that I've been taking a product called SeaSilver for 3 1/2 months now. SeaSilver is a liquid multi vitamin/nutrient supliement that is praised by some, scorned by others (MLM).HOWEVER, since I have been taking it, I have not gotten sick once yet (with a wife and 2 little kids, that's rare). And I've noticed that I don't feel as sickly with my IBS and I haven't had any super-urgency-BMs preceded with the severe cramping.My thought is, that we MAY be stricken with these awful predicaments for life, but the primary way to improve them would (in my opinion) be to kick up our immune system. Especially if we have a GI disease and we're having a hard time assimilating nutrients and vitamins anyways.I'm not cured by any means by I am definitely about 20-30% better on an average. MLM product or not, I'm sure SeaSilver has helped with that somewhat.PS - I'm not a reseller of SeaSilver or affiliated with them in any way.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Paul,I've come to understand that there are many approaches to treating symptoms of IBS. If it works for you that's great. It probably is not "THE CURE," but I don't think there is one. That is why a forum like this is so valuable. Finding symptom relief is mostly trial and error, even with Dr.s and medications. I'm glad you found something that works for you.AZ

·
Registered
297 Posts
Funny you should post this today. Earlier I was doing a search on Overactive Immune Systems and how they can cause bowel problems. There seems to be two different opinions, overactive or underactive. I haven't been sick in ages so I would assume mine was overactive. I've also had some rheumatoid problems, which can also be an indication of an overactive immune response.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Yes an overactive immune system can cause an overactive GI system. I have autoimmune hyperthyroidism from Graves disease and urgent diarrhea was my first symptom.Be careful with that sea silver, I've seen pictures of people that had their skin turn blue from it's long term use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.