Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question. Probably NONE of you can answer, but I'm gonna ask anyway.I've been sick from work since January a total of about 7 times due to IBS attacks. Now, I'm having another attack....like RIGHT NOW! I was just sick on Monday. Think I will get in deep #### if I don't go to work today?Whenever absent, I ALWAYS bring a doctor's note. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure I can make it out of the house!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Camero - I find that if I don't go to work the stress of the D and the guilt from missing work makes everything so much worse, and I end up vomiting the next morning and having worse D if I didn't make an effort to go (even if I have to leave early from work I'm better). If you haven't left for work yet - maybe just call in and say your going to be late. Even if I don't function very well when I am at work - at least I made an effort and that makes me feel a little better. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Try getting up at least 2 hours before you have to leave for work. Take 2 Imodium. Do regular morning activities. I found this extra time, with no rushing, and regular trips to the bathroom, make the trip to the office somewhat more bearable. Good luck!Maki

1 - 3 of 3 Posts