Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.I didn't think I was constipated but since starting on spasamonal I have been having small BM's but know that I still need to go more.My bladder feels full all the time,like it would if I had a UTI.I know this may sound silly,but can constipation cause a heavyness feeling in your bladder?

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
It relaxes smooth muscles and it would effect the muscles of the bladder as well as the bowel (they don't know which smooth muscle you are taking them for).It doesn't list constipation as a side effect, although that is common for some of the other drugs that are in the antispasmodic category.K.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome, Samu2!When I am constipated, I feel alot of pressure on my bladder. I feel like I need to go to the bathroom, even though I don't really NEED to. Sometimes I get so "backed up" from constipation that it does place pressure on my bladder...I'm too full!You're not the only one.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Every time I don't have a good poopy morning, I have to pee constantly... once the dr, thought I had overactive bladder.. the treatment is horrible- had zero urge to poop. quit taking it.. now I just deal with the peeing. there is a connection for sure.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just came across this post. I am the same way, if I am constipated I am constantly having to pee, like there is pressure on my bladder. When my husband and I go on vacation I leave my zelnorm at home because I don't want to waste 2 hours every morning in the bathroom. But then all day long it feels like I have to pee even when there is hardly anything there. There has to be a connection there somewhere.

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
lOOK at my signature,there is a connection througth nerves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.