Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had the H plyori for years - If you have got this I found that the Gaviscon liquid soothed my stomach almost immediately. You didn't eat any tomatoes did you - then caused me alot of pain (just a thought)

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Here is some info on Gastritis. http://www.gicare.com/pated/ecdgs46.htm Try drinking something pretty warm and soothing. Tea? (peppermint if you have some)Sometimes a warm beverage can calm things down in there for me. And lay down and try to relax. Could be just a spasm. Let us know how you make out on the biopsies.Hope you feel better and glad they were able to give you some answers. Also, glad the test itself is over for you.BQ

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I was on Nexium, too, and it was one of the few PPI's that DIDN'T give me a stomach ache. Maybe you could try Protonix or Prevacid. If they diagnosed gastritis that usually means they found actual inflammation in your stomach. I agree with Maverick, a good quick fix was Gaviscon, the liquid version. Don't get the chewables, they're absolutely disgusting. I didn't actually have any inflammation, and very little acid even. I just have that visceral hypersensitivity when my esophagus goes into spasms. That's probably why the PPI's didn't really help me. If they find H. Pylori the treatment should help a lot. The antibiotics gave me D but otherwise it was very tolerable. I felt better for a few weeks but then the pain came back. Again, no real inflammation for me, so we're different in that regard. Hope everything's going well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.