Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my husband has been having to run to the bathroom quite alot in the past few years. He spends alot of time in there. I think that the meds he is taking for his heart and cholesteropl are ripping up his digestive tract. Sometimes he says its diarrhea other times its not. But its still way to frequent plus he complains of lower back pain all the time and I try to tell him that this is part of it. He doesn't believe me! What do you folks say.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes, I have low back pain as well, and this has only started the last year of my 30 years of IBS. It tends to be worse on lying down and feels as if it is spasms of lower back. Generally it gets better after a warm shower and some activity and then appears again after a bad bout of D. I have used a heating pad for years at night. I generally pass it around from abdomen to back as to whichever needs soothing the most. I think that I have the fibromyalgia that sometimes accompanies IBS as well. So I feel as though I am old beyond my years at times.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Amen. I do have lumbosacral facet arthritis that I'm told is fairly typical for my age group. But my low back pain--which can be pretty awful at times, and completely absent at other times--absolutely does fluctuate with the state of my bowels. There is probably a connection in your hubby's case too. Does he experience bloating at all? For sure, a bloated abdomen puts extra strain on the musculature of the lower back. It's also possible that bowel pain can be "referred" to the lower back.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
This doesn't have anything to do with your husband's back pain; but I started battling my cholesterol in 1998 and have been able to supplement it down to normal (it had never been there since my first test in 1981) as well as to eliminate my 10 years of d. If you would be interested in getting him off of the anti-cholesterol meds, write me and I will send you some info for your doctor to look at.Cheers,Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.