Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,On Friday, I will hit week 5 of perhaps my worst IBS cycle ever. I've suffered from severe IBS since 2007 where I finally got rid of my symptoms by regularly eating fiber one, and no longer being afraid of this condition.Well, this awful problem resurfaced last month out of the blue. I ate at Taco Bell, and a few hours later, explosive D. The next day, I felt plugged up, and could only release small ribbon shaped tools. The alarm bells went off big time when I felt that pain and pressure in my low back. This always tells me something isn't working right with my colon.Since then, I've swung back and forth from D and C. Often, I would wake up to do my usual business and have a normal bowel movement. Then start feeling cramping and D sensations and have to run back to bathroom. Now I am really hurting with apparently, severe gas bubbles trapped all in my intestines and colon. I can't move without feeling sharp pain. I am convinced it is gas because I've been down this road before, and the pain area moves around a lot. Heat and laying down gives me relief.I've tried lots of fiber one, phillips colon health, citrucel, and finally this gas defense formula. Nothing has helped. Tried different diets and the only food product that doesn't upset me seems to be rice. I don't wnat to do now. I feel a doctor's visit would be a waste of time and money. I can only take hope in knowing that in the past, these episodes do eventually go away.

·
Prolific Member, iSupportIBS
470 Posts
Sorry to hear of your pain. Could it be that your gut is in spasm rather than being full of gas? If so then an anti-spasm medication like Nulev has some excellent reviews.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Yeah, thinking the same thing here -- wonder if you've tried the antispamodics?They can be taken before meal and/or as needed to prevent the colon from moving too strongly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, thinking the same thing here -- wonder if you've tried the antispamodics?They can be taken before meal and/or as needed to prevent the colon from moving too strongly.
I haven't tried those, but definitely worth a shot. I have very active bowels even when I am regular. At least 2 a day. Now I'm going 3-5 times just in the morning. Everything is broken up into small pieces. When I am normal, I have long stools sometimes over a foot long. Maybe my colon is spasming too much and breaking stuff up and causing havoc?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hello Dave - Can I ask how you are now?I have very similar problems to this. I also take comfort from the fact that you think it will pass. Sometimes I think I will be like this forever.One thing I find is that having a BM can make me worse. Do you get this?When I wake up in the normal I feel OK. Like I need to have a BM, but nothing out of the ordinary.As soon as I have though, all hell can break loose. I feel like I need to go again, my whole colon feels likes it burning and I get a lot of pain.I can go another 3-4 times in the day, but all little bits. It is like once i kick my bowel into action, it wont stop......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Dave - Can I ask how you are now?I have very similar problems to this. I also take comfort from the fact that you think it will pass. Sometimes I think I will be like this forever.One thing I find is that having a BM can make me worse. Do you get this?When I wake up in the normal I feel OK. Like I need to have a BM, but nothing out of the ordinary.As soon as I have though, all hell can break loose. I feel like I need to go again, my whole colon feels likes it burning and I get a lot of pain.I can go another 3-4 times in the day, but all little bits. It is like once i kick my bowel into action, it wont stop......
Hi there,Still doing poorly. I finally went to see a doc yesterday even though past experiences have been a waste of time and money seeking help from doctors. He did calm some of my fears that my problem could be serious like colon cancer. Also, they did a stomach xray, and it showed a mass of stool right where I was hurting. He suggested that I had IBS C when I told him that D was my problem. I went home and downed a whole bottle of magnesium citrate hoping that would flush me out and give my system a reboot. Didn't work. The pains returned today, stomach cramping and that sensation like you have major D. For the last week, almost all my bowel movements have come out in bits and pieces which disturbs me greatly. I have had days where I wake up feeling normal, have a solid BM, then 30 minutes later, the D sensations and loose stool. It is awful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.